This is my first participating blog for this one, but Larissa lists this as Top 5 Sunday #60
Top five inappropriate places to read romance. Herm…well, is there such a thing? 😉 The advent of e-readers is supposed to alleviate the embarrassing covers dilemma, but…. let’s see…
1) Traffic. Never ever, ever drive distracted people. Seriously. The novel can wait until you pull over. (books on tape, of course, alleviate this)
2) Rollercoasters! Better keep those hands free so you can hang on!
3) Moving back into the realm of reality, church. Yeah, the preacher probably won’t appreciate the steamy love scenes even if the characters are, ahem, having an epiphany.
4) Keeping with that theme, at funerals. *sigh* Enough said, right?
5) Vamping on the Halloween theme: Haunted house/garden/lakeside cabin/mummy’s tomb/other. Girls, seriously. Worry more about the guy in the hockey mask, or wielding that chain saw or the zombies looking for fresh brains, at this moment, rather than if the heroine gets the hero.
So that’d be my top five inappropriate places to read romance.
Top 5 novellas. Oh, let’s see… Now some might find this a little risque. But why yes, I do read a lot of Ellora’s Cave titles. So, some in my list come from them. By the by rankings mean nothing here, they’re just off the top of my head.
5. *sigh* You know, there’s this fantasy story that always stuck with me, but I’m embarrassed to say I can’t for the life of me remember the title or the author. The story itself though, definitely. I just can’t find it off hand right now. I’ll have to keep hunting and I’ll get back to you on this one.